Frequently Asked Questions and answers!
Residential / Commercial Cleaning
Residential / Commercial Carpet Cleaning
- What method do you use for cleaning?
- Do I need to vacuum before the crew arrives?
- What do you consider as an area?
- How long will it take to clean my carpets?
- Do you move furniture?
- How long will it take for my carpet to dry?
- I have heard that cleaning my carpet makes it soil faster. Is this true?
- I have had my carpet cleaned, but the spots have reappeared. What should I do?
- Do you guarantee removal of all spots or stains in the carpet?
- After my carpet was cleaned, it has bubbles or ripples in the carpet. What caused this?
- Will carpet cleaning get rid of fleas in my carpet?
- Why do your prices vary from other carpet cleaners?
- How do you guarantee customer satisfaction?
Residential / Commercial Carpet Protection
- Why should I have a protector applied to my cleaned carpets?
- Does carpet come with a protector?
- How does your deodorizer work to remove odors?
Residential / Commercial Upholstery Cleaning
- How often do manufacturers recommend professional cleaning?
- How does ShineBrite clean upholstered furniture?
- The tag on my furniture recommends a dry cleaning method. Can ShineBrite clean it?
- What does professional cleaning do to the protective coating I purchased with my upholstered furniture?
- How long will it take my furniture to dry?
Residential / Commercial Tile & Grout Cleaning
- Why should I have my tile & grout cleaned?
- How do you clean my tile & grout?
- How often should I have my floor cleaned?
- How long will it take to have my tile floor cleaned?
- Why should I have my grout lines sealed?
- How long do I have to stay off the floor after sealant has been applied?
- Do I have to use a special floor cleaner if I have the sealant applied?
- What is clear seal?
- What is color seal?
Residential / Commercial Cleaning
1. Do you supply service for a one-time clean, move-out, or special event?
A) Due to the high volume of requests for ongoing service we are unable to accommodate one-time, move-out/in or special event services. We would, however, love to add you to our schedule for ongoing service!
2. How much will it cost?
A) Each home and business is unique, so a number of variables are considered when pricing. Some of those variables that determine your cost are: square footage, number of: rooms, bathrooms, residents, pets, type of flooring, special requests, frequency of cleaning etc…
3. How do I go about paying ?
A) There are many ways to make a payment. You may pay by check sent in the envelope provided by our staff at the time of cleaning. You also may utilize our online credit card payment system (there will be a 3% processing fee added to your invoice for this service), or you may set up bill pay with your bank and have payment sent directly to us via electronic check on your scheduled cleaning day.
4. Do you have insurance ?
A) Yes, we are licensed, bonded and fully insured with A rated companies that provide ShineBrite with a comprehensive liability policy and workers’ compensation. We comply with all California standards.
5. Do you provide the cleaning equipment ?
A) Yes, we provide all cleaning supplies and equipment. In partnering with Waxie Sanitary Products, we provide top-of-the-line equipment and environmentally aware products that meet the most stringent of standards.
6. Is the initial assessment free and how long will it take?
A) The initial assessment is FREE.
The assessment is thorough, but generally shouldn’t take longer than 15 minutes. Commercial space will normally take longer, depending on the square footage. We encourage you to complete the “service request form.” This will help us do a better job for you.
7. How often should I schedule cleanings? What is typical?
A) Commercial accounts usually daily, whereas residential accounts depend on your needs, like: long work hours, number of residents, budget and specific health needs. Many choose weekly service with their hectic lives, others bi-monthly and some, due to budget constraints and their own cleaning plan, go with a monthly schedule.
8. Does someone need to be present during the cleaning?
A) No. The majority of our customers are not present. This proves to be the most convenient and allows the cleaners to work as efficiently as possible. If you choose to be present when we clean that is not a problem.
9. Will the cleaner(s) arrive at the same time each visit?
A) Being prompt and keeping the schedule you set during our assessment is important to us. If the cleaner is coming from another account, delays can happen. In such cases, we will communicate with you from the phone information you provide us.
10. Who will be cleaning? One person or a team ?
A) This varies and is dependent on the size and needs of each particular account. Typically, one or two ShineBrite team members clean homes. This allows for the highest quality and most organized customized cleaning. Teams are, of course, larger for commercial accounts, whether cleaning retirement communities, private schools, or office complexes. Staffing is maintained to meet our work flow and cleaning schedules.
11. Will employees or independent contractors clean my home ?
A) All cleaners are ShineBrite employees. We pay all mandated payroll deductions through the reputable payroll company: PayChex. Every employee is fully insured and supervised.
12. If I have a special request, are you able to accommodate?
A) We are flexible to meet your cleaning needs, whether it is extra attention for an upcoming conference or a special guest in your “in-law” quarters. Just let us know in advance by emailing us at: email@example.com or calling our office at: 510.623.7720 prior to the arrival of our staff. Should your cleaning request be in addition to our standard cleaning package, we will discuss the “special request” charge with you.
13. I have allergies, may I see your products before I start service?
A) Yes you can. During the assessment we would be happy to bring along our products. We also list our products and equipment on the website with links to detailed information about them at: Products and Equipment. We can also get you any MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) you may need.
Residential / Commercial Carpet Cleaning
1. What method do you use for cleaning?
A) The method we use for cleaning is hot water extraction, commonly referred to as steam cleaning. ShineBrite Cleaning Services’ exclusive hot water extraction method removes the toughest, deepest dirt safely and gently. Hot, soft water and a specially formulated cleaning solution are injected deep within the carpet fibers. Then, a powerful suction extracts deep-down dirt, allergens, cleaning solution and 95% of the moisture. It’s the cleaning method most recommended by carpet manufacturers.
2. Do I need to vacuum before the crew arrives?
A) A light vacuuming in the traffic areas is recommended but not required. If needed, the crew can pre-vacuum the area to be cleaned. Also, the equipment is vacuuming the entire time we are cleaning.
3. What do you consider as an area?
A) Typically, an area is a room that is up to 300 square feet (that is 15 x 20 or approximately the size of a two-car garage). Living room/dining room combos are considered two areas. Any area over 300 square feet but less than 600 square feet is priced as two areas. Non-standard areas (baths, halls, landings, walk-in-closets, etc.) are priced separately from the standard areas, usually at a lesser price. Please know that these room sizes may vary by location.
4. How long will it take to clean my carpets?
A) On average, it will take approximately 20 minutes per room. This time can vary greatly depending on the amount of furniture to be moved, how soiled the carpet is, and any necessary spot removal treatments.
5. Do you move furniture?
A) Yes. There is no charge to move furniture. We are professionally trained to move your furniture. After the cleaning is completed, we will return it to its rightful place on protective padding as needed. We do suggest you remove items off of your furniture like electronics, plants, lamps and knick-knacks. We will move most furniture that can be safely moved. There are several items we will not move, including: pianos, electronics, china cabinets, beds, dressers with mirrors, pool tables, etc.
6. How long will it take for my carpet to dry?
A) Dry time is affected by humidity, temperature and air flow to the area. It can take anywhere between 8-24 hours for the carpet to completely dry, depending on the aforementioned variables. Using fans in any rooms cleaned and turning your air conditioning or heating system on, depending on the time of year, can help accelerate drying time. Be sure to leave the protective blocks under furniture legs and any paper used with upholstered items in place until the carpet and/or furniture is completely dry to avoid any color transfer. You may walk on your carpet immediately after cleaning, but avoid wearing street shoes, as they may re-soil your carpet. We suggest wearing clean rubber soled shoes. Be especially careful when walking from damp, carpeted areas on to non-carpeted areas to avoid slipping.
7. I have heard that cleaning my carpet makes it soil faster. Is this true?
A) The problem results from residues being left in the carpet which attract dirt. Usually this is caused by the use of soap in the cleaning process that hasn’t been rinsed out completely. Our specially formulated solution and hot water extraction cleaning process leaves little to no residue behind to attract dirt.
8. I have had my carpet cleaned, but the spots have reappeared. What should I do?
A) Although most spots that are removed from carpet do not reappear, some substances in carpet backing may wick to the surface after cleaning. If this happens, please contact ShineBrite Cleaning Services at 510-623-7720 as soon as possible.
9. Do you guarantee removal of all spots or stains in the carpet?
A) We cannot guarantee that we will remove all spots or stains. There are substances that can permanently discolor the carpet fibers. The age of the carpet and the type of carpet fibers also plays a factor in this. The technician will try to determine if this is the case prior to cleaning but they are not always able to determine this before trying to remove the spots.
10. After my carpet was cleaned, it has bubbles or ripples in the carpet. What caused this?
A) As the carpet dries, these bubbles or ripples should start to lay flat again. Once it is dry they should be virtually unnoticeable. This is usually a sign that the carpet was in need of restretching prior to the cleaning. If these ripples do not go away after it is completely dry, please contact ShineBrite Cleaning Services at 510-623-7720 as soon as possible.
11. Will carpet cleaning get rid of fleas in my carpet?
A) We cannot guarantee that the cleaning will get rid of all the fleas. We usually recommend that the customer kill the adult fleas first by whichever method they prefer, this is something that a professional exterminator might be able to help with. Please keep in mind that the carpet is not the only place fleas will lay eggs, you might consider having your upholstery treated and cleaned as well as any area rugs or pet beds.
12. Why do your prices vary from other carpet cleaners?
A) When comparing prices, make sure you ask a lot of questions and please keep a few things in mind. Our price includes treating for spots, moving furniture, and a 10-day satisfaction policy. There are no hidden fees or additional charges. Also, we never sub-contact, so our technicians are always background checked, drug tested and properly trained ShineBrite Cleaning Services’ employees. This is what allows us to stand behind all of our work.
13. How do you guarantee customer satisfaction?
A) We are happy to work with you to correct any situation that may arise. In some cases this can mean spot cleaning specific areas of concern or even completely re-cleaning the area in question. In the end, we’re not satisfied until you are.
Residential / Commercial Carpet Protection
1. Why should I have a protector applied to my cleaned carpets?
A) As the finishing touch to your thoroughly cleaned carpet and/or upholstery, specially formulated protector can be professionally applied. These products help carpet and upholstery resist soiling from dry dirt, water- and oil-based spills by wrapping each fiber in a protective coating. This extra layer gives you more time to clean up spots and spills before they soak into the fibers, helping you keep your carpet and upholstery looking its best between professional cleanings. Plus, it makes vacuuming and cleaning up spots easier.
2. Does carpet come with a protector?
A) A dry soil protector comes on most carpet from the manufacturers. This is a wear dated product and is removed over time with every day traffic. Carpet manufacturers recommend that you have this protector reapplied about once a year, and perhaps more often on heavy traffic areas.
3. How does your deodorizer work to remove odors?
A) ShineBrite uses a natural bacterial enzyme action to digest organic odor sources such as vomit, feces, urine, milk, blood, etc. This product removes organic odors that it contacts. It also uses a neutralizer to give immediate relief from any odors while the enzyme is working. The key to complete removal of an odor is that this product must reach all contaminated surfaces. If the odor causing source has penetrated the backing and possibly the padding we cannot guarantee complete removal of the odor.
Residential / Commercial Upholstery
1. How often do manufacturers recommend professional cleaning?
A) Manufacturers recommend having upholstered furniture professionally cleaned every 12-24 months depending on use.
2. How does ShineBrite clean upholstered furniture?
A) We use our powerful hot water extraction cleaning process whenever possible, because it provides the deepest cleaning of all the possible methods. Some fabrics may require a more delicate cleaning system. In this case, we will help you make a decision that best suits your needs and your furniture.
3. The tag on my furniture recommends a dry cleaning method. Can ShineBrite clean it?
A) Yes, we can. We’ll test your fabric to determine which cleaning method will be the safest and most effective. That tag, or “Manufacturer Liability Code,” is required to recommend “a” cleaning method even though it may not be the most effective method for removing soil.
4. What does professional cleaning do to the protective coating I purchased with my upholstered furniture?
A) While professional cleaning may impact the protective coating on your furniture, the dry soils that accumulate on it over time — along with the strain of daily living cause this coating to deteriorate. To keep your valuable upholstered furniture protected from the damage of dry soil, we can re-apply this coating following cleaning.
5. How long will it take my furniture to dry?
A) Your specific upholstery fabric will determine which cleaning method we use. While the cleaning method along with optional protector application determines the drying time, typical dry time ranges from 6-12 hours.
Residential / Commercial Tile & Grout Cleaning
1. Why should I have my tile & grout cleaned?
A) Just like carpet, dirt builds up over time dulling your tile’s appearance and discoloring your grout. A thorough, professional tile & grout cleaning is the only way to remove the deep-down dirt.
2. How do you clean my tile & grout?
A) We use a high pressure rotary tool with dual rotating jets. This is combined with the same truck-mounted steam/pressure cleaning we use to deep clean your carpet. We use tile and grout specific cleaners that strip away any waxy build-up and remove the dirt embedded in the grout lines.
3. How often should I have my floor cleaned?
A) As with carpet, many factors must be considered when determining the frequency of cleaning. Foot traffic, children, pets, and routine floor maintenance will affect how often you need to have your tile & grout cleaned.
4. How long will it take to have my tile floor cleaned?
A) For an average size room (up to 300 square feet), it typically takes 30–60 minutes to clean the tile & grout. This can vary based on a number of factors including the size of the tile, amount of soil in the grout lines, and room configuration. If you choose to have sealant added, it typically takes 2–3 hours to complete the entire process.
5. Why should I have my grout lines sealed?
A) Grout is a porous material that absorbs soil and spills, just like carpet. Having a sealant applied will help create a protective barrier, giving you more time to clean up dirt and liquid spills before they soak into the grout. The type of sealant you choose will determine the degree of stain resistance.
6. How long do I have to stay off the floor after sealant has been applied?
A) We recommend that you wait 30 minutes before walking on the floor to allow the sealant to dry. It will take 24 hours for the sealant to cure completely, so we suggest that you avoid any liquid coming in contact with the sealant during that time.
7. Do I have to use a special floor cleaner if I have the sealant applied?
A) To preserve the life of the sealant, we recommend that you use a neutral cleaner on your floor. Rinsing after mopping will also help keep your floors looking their best. You will want to avoid bleach and other harsh chemical cleaners as these can wear away at the sealant and cause it to break down prematurely.
8. What is clear seal?
A) Clear seal is an invisible layer of protection that penetrates into the pores of the grout. This gives you more time to clean up dirt and liquid spills before they soak into the grout, however, it is not waterproof.
9. What is color seal?
A) Restore your grout to its original appearance with our premium Color Seal restoration service. Our Color Seal service will transform your discolored grout back to its original splendor by providing a layer of uniform color to your grout lines, giving your floor a clean and refreshed look. Along with improving the cosmetic appearance of your floor, Color Seal provides a protective waterproof barrier that guards your grout from spills, dirt & debris.